Rising Sophomore Adviser Matching
In your Houses next year, you will be paired with a Sophomore Adviser (SA) who will work with you throughout the year, including advising you in the fall term as you transition into your concentration of choice. In order to make the best advising match between you and your SA, we would like to learn a little bit more you: your academic and extracurricular interests, your goals for sophomore advising, and more. To facilitate the matching process, please fill out the Sophomore Advising Questionnaire by clicking here and following these steps:
- Log in by clicking “Visit the University login page” at the top of the page.
- From the menu bar at the top of the screen, click on Application to open the application selection screen.
- From the application selection screen, select Upperclass Academic Year 2021-2022 and click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen. This will open the application.
- You will begin on the Welcome page of the application. Click the “Begin” button to proceed to the next step (Personal Details). From this step, you can bypass the housing questionnaire steps and click directly on Step 7: Sophomore Advising.
- After clicking the “Save & Continue” button on Step 9, you will receive an automatic email confirming submission of your survey.
Note: There is a 30 minute timeout. If you need additional time to develop thoughtful responses, we encourage you to make note of the questions and compose your responses outside of the application. You can then log back in and paste those responses into the appropriate fields. If you wish to review your responses to your questionnaire, or to make any changes after you submit it, simply log back in and proceed through the steps outlined above.
The deadline for submitting your Sophomore Advising Questionnaire is Monday, May 17 at 11:59pm. It should take you no more than 10-15 minutes to complete the advising questionnaire. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. If you experience technical difficulties with the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to your Sophomore Advising Questionnaire, any conversations with concentrations that you have documented in my.harvard will also be considered in matching you to your SA. Those students who have already attended a Fields of Study session or have spoken with a concentration adviser are encouraged to submit a report in my.harvard by Wednesday, April 14. If you have not yet explored concentrations, we encourage you to learn more by visiting concentration websites or attending concentration adviser office hours.