While offering you a challenging and rich academic experience, Harvard University also abounds in other curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities so that you can explore interests, undertake new adventures, and hone established or newfound talents. For the artistically inclined, student groups are plentiful as well as opportunities to meet and interact with professionals and attend first-class artistic performances. For the civic-minded, public service opportunities on and off campus provide valuable experience and perspective on issues that are important to you. No matter what your concentration, you will have the opportunity to expand your intellectual pursuits through internships, research, summer school, Wintersession, or presentations and workshops.
Take the time to explore the many possibilities. Use your advisers as sounding boards in order to make meaningful choices and to balance your academic and extracurricular pursuits.
- Beyond taking coursework, how will you get involved in the Harvard community?
- How will you take advantage of Harvard’s rich resources?
- What opportunities are available to you based on your penchants, interests, and goals?
- What new things are you interested in trying?
- What activities energize you?