Concentration Advising

Who Will Be My Adviser Once I Have Declared My Concentration?

Once you have declared your concentration during your third term, you will be give a concentration adviser. Your concentration adviser will guide you through your field of study from completing introductory and foundational courses to more advanced coursework. Your concentration adviser will also help you synthesize your studies through a final project or thesis, when applicable, and can offer you guidance on exploring related careers.

Each concentration takes a different approach to assigning advisers, though most include faculty advisers, a Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS), Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies (ADUS) and an Undergraduate Program Coordinator.